Bacon-Wrapped Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp with Mustard Love SauceJuly 16, 2015 by Todd Lopez
The warmer temperatures of summertime mean a spike in outdoor grilling. This bacon-wrapped shrimp recipe is easy to create and sure to please your guests, use it as an appetizer or main entrée. First I will take you through how to make the signature Mustard Love Sauce, then on to the Bacon-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp.
Ingredients – Mustard Love Sauce
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Method – Mustard Love Sauce
- Over low heat, combine wet ingredients. Wisk together well.
- Once wet ingredients come to temperature, add light brown sugar and wisk well.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Turn off the heat, wisk one last time and let cool.
- Put in a container and place in the fridge.
Ingredients – Bacon-Wrapped Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp
- 12 – 10-inch (25 cm) wooden skewers
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Barbecue rub
- 36 jumbo shrimp shelled with tail on, deveined (about 3 pounds / 1.4 kilograms)
- 12 slices bacon
Method – Bacon-Wrapped Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp
- Preheat grill to medium indirect heat.
- Soak skewers in beer while preparing shrimp.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and sauté onions and season with salt, pepper and your favorite barbecue rub.
- Thread each shrimp onto the skewer, starting from the tail-end.
- Wrap the entire skewer with bacon, making sure to secure it around each shrimp on the skewer. Brush with melted butter and barbecue rub mixture.
- Place skewers on the grill. Cook over medium heat until bacon crisps on one side, then flip gently (making sure bacon doesn’t separate from the skewer).
- Continue to cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Place on non-heated side of the grill and brush with Mustard Love Sauce. Serve with a side of Mustard Love Sauce.
If you have any questions about in-flight catering, contact email@example.com.