HOW TO: Char Siu Pork Tenderloin In-Flight PlatingJanuary 30, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
Char Siu Pork Tenderloin is a popular dish in Cantonese cuisine. We decided to take the traditional elements of char siu pork and add a new level of color and artistry. While this may seem like a complicated task, the entire plating can be done in five simple steps. Watch as we take you through the plating step-by-step.
Tools and Ingredients:
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold):
- Fresh Herbs
- Cilantro Oil
- Char Siu Sauce
Char Siu Pork Tenderloin Entree
- Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Pineapple
- Cilantro Rice
- Baby Bok Choy
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven, since ovens can vary.
5 Plating Steps:
- Lay down a base of cilantro rice.
- Arrange baby bok choy on one side of rice base.
- Arrange grilled pineapple on rice next to bok choy and allow rice to spill onto plate to create base for pork.
- Slice and shingle pork on base of rice and sides.
- Drizzle char siu sauce in zigzag pattern on plate around pork. Use cilantro oil to create random dots and splashes around char siu sauce.