HOW TO: Duck Breast In-Flight PlatingFebruary 27, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
Duck is a popular protein found in several Asian and French entrees which has been gaining attention worldwide. The Duck Breast entree pairs duck’s unique flavor profile with sesame, citrus, and mirin (a Japanese condiment) for an unforgettable taste. To complete this gourmet in-flight feast, just follow the five simple plating steps shown in the video, and you have a culinary masterpiece!
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Chopped Herb or Scallion
- Citrus Slice
Duck Breast Entree
- Roasted Duck Breast
- Mirin, Orange, Lime, and Sesame Sauce
- Chef’s Choice: Starch and Vegetables
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since they can vary.
5 Plating Steps
- Place starch slightly off-center on plate to build base.
- Layer vegetables across top.
- Slice and shingle duck breast across base of starch and vegetables.
- Pinch pour spout into sauce’s foil cup and drizzle across and around duck breast.
- Garnish breast with chopped herbs/scallions.
View more plating guide videos on YouTube.