English Pea Soup with Lobster and Crème FraicheFebruary 11, 2015 by Richard Peterson
This recipe is part of a seven-course menu exclusively created for the Air Culinaire Worldwide blog. To view the complete menu and list of recipes, visit “Valentine’s Day In-Flight Dinner Menu.”
English Pea Soup
|English Peas||16 ounces (453 g)|
|Yellow Onion, diced||4 ounces (113 g)|
|Garlic, fresh chopped||1 ounce (28 g)|
|Tarragon||½ teaspoon (2.5 g)|
|Butter||4 ounces (113 g)|
|White Wine||2 ounces (56 g)|
|Heavy Cream||4 ounces (113 g)|
|Kosher Salt||to taste|
|White Pepper||to taste|
Lobster and Crème Fraiche (Garnish)
|Lobster Meat, steamed||4 ounces (56 g)|
|Crème Fraiche||1 ounce (28 g)|
|Fresh Tarragon Sprig||1 each|
- Place a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add butter and melt to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat till onions are translucent.
- Add wine and reduce volume by half.
- Add peas and heavy cream and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and puree with emersion blender or food processor.
- Pass puree through a fine sieve to remove large pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat flight oven to 225 F (110 C). Place soup in an oven-safe container and then into the oven. Heat for 8 minutes. Stir soup and check temperature. Return to heat until soup is at required temperature. If using a microwave, heat soup in a microwaveable container on high for 2 minutes. Stir soup and check temperature. Return to heat until soup is at required temperature. In the bottom of a soup bowl place half of the lobster in the middle. Pour soup on top of lobster. Gently place a dollop of crème fraiche on top of soup. Place remaining pieces of lobster on top of crème fraiche. Garnish with fresh sprig of tarragon.