English Pea Soup with Lobster and Crème FraicheFebruary 11, 2015 by Richard Peterson
This recipe is part of a seven-course menu exclusively created for the Air Culinaire Worldwide blog. To view the complete menu and list of recipes, visit “Valentine’s Day In-Flight Dinner Menu.”
English Pea Soup
|English Peas||16 ounces (453 g)|
|Yellow Onion, diced||4 ounces (113 g)|
|Garlic, fresh chopped||1 ounce (28 g)|
|Tarragon||½ teaspoon (2.5 g)|
|Butter||4 ounces (113 g)|
|White Wine||2 ounces (56 g)|
|Heavy Cream||4 ounces (113 g)|
|Kosher Salt||to taste|
|White Pepper||to taste|
Lobster and Crème Fraiche (Garnish)
|Lobster Meat, steamed||4 ounces (56 g)|
|Crème Fraiche||1 ounce (28 g)|
|Fresh Tarragon Sprig||1 each|
- Place a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add butter and melt to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat till onions are translucent.
- Add wine and reduce volume by half.
- Add peas and heavy cream and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and puree with emersion blender or food processor.
- Pass puree through a fine sieve to remove large pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat flight oven to 225 F (110 C). Place soup in an oven-safe container and then into the oven. Heat for 8 minutes. Stir soup and check temperature. Return to heat until soup is at required temperature. If using a microwave, heat soup in a microwaveable container on high for 2 minutes. Stir soup and check temperature. Return to heat until soup is at required temperature. In the bottom of a soup bowl place half of the lobster in the middle. Pour soup on top of lobster. Gently place a dollop of crème fraiche on top of soup. Place remaining pieces of lobster on top of crème fraiche. Garnish with fresh sprig of tarragon.
If you have any questions about this article or about in-flight catering, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.