Goat Cheese Ravioli with Carrot and Ginger EmulsionSeptember 19, 2014 by Herve Bourdon
The art of pasta making is a tradition that has been handed down from one generation to the next since the twelfth century. Pasta is amazingly versatile in shape, ingredients and the foods it goes well with. In this vegetarian pasta recipe, raviolis are stuffed with a goat cheese mixture and smothered in an emulsion of carrot and ginger.
Ingredients – Ravioli Dough
- 0.385 kg (1 ¾ cups) Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 0.012 kg (2 ½ tsp.) Olive oil
- 0.023 kg (5 tsp.) Water
- 0.006 kg (1 ¼ tsp.) Salt
- 0.100 kg (½ cup) Semolina (Italian Flour)
Ingredients – Stuffing (25 grams [1 ¾ tbsp.] / portion)
- 0.230 kg (1 cup) Goat cheese, soft
- 0.008 kg (½ tbsp.) Olive oil
- White pepper, ground
Ingredients – Carrot and Ginger Sauce
- 1.040 kg (2 ¼ lbs.) Carrots
- 0.070 kg (2 ½ oz.) Ginger root
- 0.140 kg (5 oz.) Butter
- 0.104 kg (3 ½ oz.) Cream
- 0.020 kg (1 ½ tsp.) Coriander
- White pepper
Makes 10 servings.
- Combine flour, eggs, olive oil, water and salt until dough is smooth.
- Put dough in a stainless steel container and cover with clean film. Leave for 1 hour in the fridge.
Goat cheese stuffing:
- Lightly fold together goat cheese with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Laminate dough in a pasta machine at setting #2 and pass through two times.
- Put 25 grams of goat cheese stuffing into each ravioli piece. Using a brush, surround with egg yolk. Cover with other half of dough. With a cutter, cut the ravioli.
- Place ravioli on a tray with baking paper. In case you need to freeze them, cover with clean film.
- Cook ravioli in boiling water with salt and oil.
Carrot and Ginger Sauce:
- Peel and clean carrots and ginger. Pass through juice machine.
- Reduce the juice by 50 percent, add cream. Boil. Add butter, mix with a hand blender to make the emulsion.
- Decorate with coriander.
If you have any questions about this article or about in-flight catering in Paris, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.