HOW TO: House Burger In-Flight PlatingFebruary 06, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
The hamburger is a popular American meal that can be found just about anywhere in the world. While burgers have been around for a long time, in recent years, the burger has seen a makeover as the trend has grown toward customized gourmet burgers. As a result, gourmet burger chains have been popping up all over the country and have started spreading to Europe. To give your passengers a taste of the gourmet burger phenomena, watch how plating the House Burger is achieved in five simple steps.
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Onion Slice
- Emmental (Swiss Cheese)
- Cognac Sauce
House Burger Entree
- Burger Patty
- French Fries
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
5 Plating Steps
- During last two minutes of reheating in bulk pans, place cheese on burger patty to lightly melt and then place back into oven.
- Build burger from bottom bun, layering on lettuce, burger, tomatoes, red onion (optional), and mushrooms before topping with bun.
- Use knotted pick to skewer burger through top bun.
- Pour Cognac sauce into a small ramekin or shot glass.
- Arrange burger, fries, pickles, and sauce on plate.