HOW TO: Filet and Foie In-Flight PlatingJanuary 23, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
Filet and Foie offers a memorable combination of tastes, but flavor is only part of the dining experience. Taking the time to creatively plate an entree can make a world of difference. Not only does the right plating make the dish look fabulous, but also it shows off your skills. With six simple steps, you can plate Filet and Foie so that each element of the dish works in harmony to create an eye-catching presentation.
Tools and Ingredients:
- Cutting Board
- Foie Gras Butter (keep cold)
- Herb Garnish
- Onion Nest (reserve at room temperature)
Filet and Foie Entree:
- Smashed Potatoes
- Demi Sauce
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven, since ovens can vary.
6 Plating Steps:
- Spoon potatoes into center of plate and lightly smash with back of spoon to create base.
- Lay vegetables across center of potatoes.
- Steak can be sliced on bias or left uncut. Arrange, using vegetables and potatoes as base.
- Place dollop of foie gras butter on top of steak and allow butter to partially melt.
- Crimp foil cup to make spout and pour sauce onto plate, around potatoes.
- Arrange onion nest and herb garnish on top of steak.