Marinated Bluefin Tuna with Vegetables and Soy SauceJuly 07, 2015 by Thomas Hermann
France has long been known as a leader in the culinary world, and our team of chefs in Paris are no exception. Today we share with you a gorgeous Bluefin tuna dish from Chef Thomas Hermann of Air Culinaire Worldwide Paris.
- 150 g (5 oz) Bluefin tuna
- 50 mL (3 tablespoons) Soy sauce
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) Lime juice
- 5 g (1 teaspoon) Garlic, finely chopped
- 3 g (1/2 teaspoon) Ginger
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) Olive oil
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 4 pieces White asparagus
- 3 Baby carrots
- 4 pieces Green asparagus
- 4 Radishes, round
- 2 Cherry tomatoes
- 20 g (4 teaspoons) Dill
- 1 piece Celery leaf
- 50 g (2 ounces)) Butter
- 75 g(2 ½ ounces) Sugar
- 30 g (1 ounce) Turnip, long
- 30 g (1 ounce) Carrot
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the marinade by mixing soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, lemongrass, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Marinate Bluefin tuna at least 2 hours.
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Place the baby carrots in a saucepan with water to cover, add a knob of butter, salt and sugar. Cook over low heat in a chimney-shaped parchment paper. Reserve once cooked.
- Repeat for radishes and asparagus.
- Using a vegetable peeler on the cooked turnip, carrot and asparagus.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes at 190 C.
- Grill the tuna. Using a brush, coat with soy sauce and place off-center on a plate.
- Arrange the vegetables on the side and garnish the dish with fresh herbs (dill or other).
If you have any questions about in-flight catering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.