Passion Fruit Granita with Sugared BlueberriesFebruary 11, 2015 by Richard Peterson
This recipe is part of a seven-course menu exclusively created for the Air Culinaire Worldwide blog. To view the complete menu and list of recipes, visit “Valentine’s Day In-Flight Dinner Menu.”
Passion Fruit Granita
|Water||8 ounces (240 g)|
|Sugar||½ cup (100 g)|
|Passion Fruit Puree||½ cup (125 g)|
Sugared Blueberries (Garnish)
|Blueberries||4 ounces (115 g)|
|Sugar||1 ounce (30 g)|
|Fresh Mint||1 sprig|
- In a sauce pot, combine water and first measurement of sugar.
- Place pot over medium heat and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in passion fruit puree.
- Pour liquid through fine mesh sieve (to remove any particles) into a freezer-safe flat bottom container.
- Place container into freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove container from freezer and stir with a fork.
- Return container to freezer for an additional 45 minutes.
- Continue the process of stirring and freezing, scraping mixture off sides and bottom of container every 45 minutes for 4 hours to prevent the mixture from freezing solid.
Place blueberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar over blueberries and roll them around in the bowl until they are coated with sugar. Remove finished granita from freezer, then scrape and mix again to achieve a snow-like consistency. Spoon granita into a small, glass dessert bowl. Gently place three to five blueberries on top of granita. Garnish with fresh sprig of mint.
For questions about in-flight catering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.