Recipe: Pumpkin and Rosemary RisottoSeptember 27, 2016 by Vivienne Yeoman [guest author]
As a follow up to Tuesday’s blog article about English Halloween traditions and culinary influences, we invite you to try out this seasonal recipe that is sure to get your passengers into a festive mood.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 120gms butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 desert spoon of fresh rosemary finely chopped, plus 2 whole sprigs
- 800gms pumpkin flesh chopped into small cubes roughly 2cm in size
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 500gm Arborio rice
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 5 litres vegetable stock
- 75gms parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium sized heavy based saucepan heat the oil and a third of the butter. Add the garlic whole sprigs of rosemary and pumpkin and cook for about 20 minutes over a low heat. Stir occasionally until the pumpkin becomes soft. Remove the rosemary and put the pumpkin to one side.
- Use a medium heavy-based saucepan to saute the remaining butter and onions until soft and translucent. Add the rice and stir well so it is coated with butter. Add the wine stirring well until it is completely absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the vegetable stock and simmer, add the pumpkin mixture and half f the chopped rosemary. Slowly add the remaining stock until the rice is soft and creamy but the grains are still firm (roughly about 15 minutes). Stir continuously to prevent the rice sticking to the pan.
Add half of the Parmesan cheese and the remaining chopped rosemary and season to taste. Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
If you have any questions about this article, contact Vivienne Yeoman at email@example.com.
|This is an article by guest author Vivienne Yeoman, a catering industry expert based in London, England. Vivienne has over 30 years of experience in the catering industry as an Operational Manager. Any thoughts expressed in this article are entirely Vivienne’s and do not necessarily reflect the views of Air Culinaire Worldwide.|
If you would like to be considered for becoming a guest author, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.