Recipe: Sweet Potato PancakesNovember 21, 2014 by Brandon Snow
Sweet potatoes have become increasingly popular in the United States over the past few years. Not only as an alternative to potatoes, but also as a way to serve gluten-free options of various dishes. While the recipe below adds onion and black pepper, you can easily adapt the recipe with pumpkin spices for a seasonal appeal. These sweet potato pancakes make a great starter or side item.
- 1 ½ pounds (680 g) sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, shredded and squeezed
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 g) black pepper
- 1 cup (235 g) gluten-free flour, as needed (I prefer the Cup4Cup brand)
- Combine first six ingredients in bowl and mix. Slowly add flour to make a stiff mixture. The mix should be neither too dry nor too wet.
- Brown 3 ounces of sweet potato mix until crispy and golden on both sides. Set aside to drain on paper towel. Repeat until mix is all gone.
- Portion and freeze until needed.
If you have any questions about this article or about in-flight catering, contact me at email@example.com.