Red Bell Pepper Soup with Fresh Goat CheeseSeptember 26, 2014 by Herve Bourdon
Bell peppers, also known as “capsicum,” are a healthy choice and are great for making soup. These types of peppers have beneficial amounts of vitamin C, as well as antioxidants. While bell peppers can be found in a variety of colors to play up the visual appeal of any dish, this recipe calls for red bell peppers. As summer comes to a close and fall takes its place, the warm colors of this soup are comforting on a cool day. Serve with a toasted baguette for a signature taste of France.
- 1.25 kg (35 oz.) Red bell pepper
- 0.375 kg (13 oz.) Red onions
- 0.013 kg (2 ½ tsp.) Garlic
- 0.0005 kg (pinch) Thyme
- 0.375 kg (13 oz.) Potatoes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 0.006 kg (1 ¼ tsp.) Paprika powder
- 0.001 kg (¼ tsp.) Chili powder
- 0.625 L (21 oz.) Cream 36%
- 2.5 L (84 oz.) Chicken stock
- White pepper
- 0.400 kg (14 oz.) Baguette
- 0.100 kg (3 ½ oz.) Butter
- 0.063 kg (18 oz.) Olive oil
Makes 10 portions.
- Peel and clean onions, bell pepper, garlic, thyme and cook in the oven. When this has golden color, put it in the saucepan.
- Peel and clean potatoes, add them to the vegetables above.
- Add chicken stock, paprika, chili powder, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Add cream and continue cooking for 10 minutes more.
- Make dumplings of goat cheese and add them to the soup.
- Toast baguette, add olive oil.
If you have any questions about this article or about in-flight catering in Paris, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.