Roasted Root Vegetable RagoutMarch 03, 2016 by Seth Connolly
Ragout is a type of stew that is served as a main dish. While it can have beef or fish as an ingredient, this is a vegetarian ragout featuring roasted root vegetables. Try out this hearty recipe and have a healthy, warming meal in about one hour.
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 5-6 Cipollini onions, halved
- 2 celery stalks, cleaned and diced
- 1 12 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 sprig of thyme, rosemary and parsley
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup white wine
- Toss all vegetables in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to stock, white wine and herbs in a pot. Bring stock and wine to a boil.
- Add can of tomatoes and reduce to simmer, for about twenty minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Portion and serve hot or freeze until needed.
If you have any questions about in-flight catering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.