HOW TO: Seared Tuna Steak In-Flight PlatingMarch 20, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
From the centerpiece of a simple sandwich all the way up to the coveted Japanese Bluefin, tuna is one of the most popular fish used in meals around the world. Paired with wilted spinach, lardons, seared tomatoes, and curried carrot broth, the Seared Tuna Steak is a flavorful and healthy entree. This combination of culinary elements comes together for an eye-catching in-flight dining experience with only five quick plating steps.
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Herb Garnish
- Lemon Slice
Seared Tuna Steak Entree
- Seared Tuna
- Wilted Spinach with Lardons
- Seared Tomatoes
- Curried Carrot Broth
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
5 Plating Steps:
- Shingle seared tomatoes slightly off center of plate.
- Slice tuna on bias and center on top of tomatoes.
- Garnish tuna with wilted spinach, reserving some lardons (bacon) for top.
- Crimp foil cup into spout and pour carrot broth around tuna.
- Garnish with chopped herbs and lemon squeeze, or arrange lemon beside tuna.