HOW TO: Veal Chop In-Flight PlatingFebruary 13, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
Veal is a tender meat that has been part of Italian cuisine since the time of the Roman Empire. The meat then became popular with French royalty and was considered a delicacy. This dish also features avjar, a red pepper sauce of Serbian origin, which complements the flavor profile of the veal chop. With the following video in-flight plating guide, you will be able to create a veal entree fit for even the most elite aristocrats in history!
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Avjar (Red Pepper Sauce)
- Herb Garnish
Veal Chop Entree
- Veal Chop
- Roesti (Potato Pancake)
- Whole-Grain Mustard Glace
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
6 Plating Steps
- Place potato pancake slightly off-center on plate.
- Lay asparagus across pancake to create base for chop.
- Crimp foil cup into spout and pour generous amount of whole-grain mustard glace.
- Using squeeze bottle spout, zigzag plate with avjar or …
- Squeeze out large amount of avjar onto plate and use back of spoon to smear across plate.
- Arrange veal chop on center of plate and garnish with herbs.