HOW TO: Sea Bass In-Flight PlatingApril 03, 2014 by Stacey Farooqui
Sea Bass is great way to get the health benefits of fish while enjoying a tropical flavor profile. Since this species of fish is found in warm water, it’s no surprise that it goes great with fruit found in similar climates. Mango, lemongrass, coconut, lime, and lemon work in harmony to create a delicious taste reminiscent of the flavors found on an island paradise. Not only does fruit have an appealing taste, but also the bright colors of the tropical fruit are pleasing to the eye when the dish is plated, following these six quick steps.
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Mango Relish
- Lemon Oil
- Herb Garnish
Sea Bass Entree
- Grilled Sea Bass
- Saffron Rice
- Chef’s Choice Vegetables
- Coconut Emulsion
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
6 Plating Steps:
- Plate rice by flipping foil cup slightly off center of plate to create base.
- Lay vegetables across rice.
- Crimp foil cup to create spout and pour coconut emulsion on and around sea bass.
- Shingle sea bass onto rice and sauce.
- Drizzle lemon oil in zigzag pattern over sea bass and sauce.
- Scoop portion of mango relish onto sea bass and garnish with herb sprig.