Private Aviation Tips for the Big Game (Part 2)January 28, 2014 by John Detloff
It’s time for the Big Game. By now, you should have parking, hotels, transportation and catering all lined up for a successful trip. With that being said, here are some helpful tips to make sure all goes as planned:
Teterboro Airport (TEB)
TEB Departure Checklist:
- Make sure you arrange fuel early.
- Double-check that catering arrives two hours prior to departure and that everything is accounted for since unforeseen events are always a possibility.
- All FBOs will have a designated Ramp Departure Coordinator (RDC).
- No aircraft will be permitted to depart without required clearances from the RDC and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- All pilots must check in with the FBO’s RDC when passengers are present and ready for departure.
- The RDC will issue a sequence number to the pilot.
- When your sequence number is announced, passengers and crew will be allowed to proceed to their aircraft.
Morristown Municipal Airport (MMU)
Newark Liberty International Airport (ERW)
Private Aviation Tips for the Big Game:
- Make sure in-flight catering is arranged in advance and scheduled to be delivered 2-3 hours before departure, since most caterers are at least 35-60 minutes away from the airport, and roads will also be tied up with extra traffic.
- Check with the FBO for their requirements and procedures for departure.
- Once your catering order arrives, double-check to ensure everything has arrived safely.
- Fuel early and be ready!
If you have any questions about inflight catering in the New York / New Jersey area, contact email@example.com.