Watermelon GazpachoJuly 18, 2014 by Debbi Brady
Gazpacho is a type of cold soup typically made with tomatoes. For a sweet summertime twist, this recipes uses watermelon in place of tomato. If you or one of your passengers are vegetarian or are on a raw food diet, this is a great recipe to learn since it only requires four simple steps. Watermelon Gazpacho is best enjoyed on a hot day as a cool, healthy starter. You can even get creative and offer it as a shooter.
- 8 cups (2 L) seedless watermelon, finely diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 g) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon (4 g) salt
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and mix.
- Puree six cups of mixture in food processor.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve chilled with cucumber and watermelon balls on side for garnish.