With the Big Game just days away, it is time to think about the cuisine of North Carolina, if you will be on-board one of the many private aircraft for the five-plus hour flight from Charlotte to San Francisco. Below are some local flavors that will please your passengers — featuring local ingredients, cooking styles and traditional regional flavors. We invite you and your team to experience a taste of North Carolina on your journey to San Francisco or on your way back home.
Jalapeno Smoked Bacon-wrapped Jumbo Carolina Shrimp – Jumbo shrimp wrapped with smoked bacon. Stuffed with crab, cilantro, Gouda and pepper. Served with a cilantro remoulade sauce.
Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders – Toasted brioche, slow-roasted pork with coleslaw and mustard barbecue sauce.
Pimento Grilled Cheese – Served on sourdough bread and grilled to perfection.
Sweet Potato Ginger Soup – The state vegetable, sweet potato, with a hint of ginger and crème.
Pecan-crusted Chicken with Dried Cherries and Goat Cheese – Served with roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus.
Crispy Cream Bread Pudding – Served with vanilla crème anglaise and fresh berries.
Recipe: Jalapeno Smoked Bacon-wrapped Jumbo Carolina Shrimp
- 4 each U-10 Jumbo Shrimp P&D
- 8 oz. Sliced Bacon, Apple Smoked
- ½ each Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & finely diced
- 2 oz. Smoked Gouda Cheese, Shredded
- 2 oz. Lump Crabmeat
- 2 oz. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 oz. Olive Oil
- ½ oz. Fresh Garlic, chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Split shrimp lengthwise, all the way through, for room for the stuffing.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Stuff each shrimp individually and wrap with bacon.
- Roast 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
Yield: 1 serving
If you have any questions about this recipe, contact me at email@example.com.