Cornish hen is a relatively new protein source created by cross-breeding specific groups of chickens in the 1950s. The result was a smaller bird that reaches full size in a shorter time and has more white meat. Cornish hen braised in red wine sauce with sauteed mushrooms provides a hearty, warming meal that is perfectly suited for in-flight dining. With five steps, plating the cornish hen is a quick task that is sure to whet your passengers’ appetites.
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Fresh Herbs
Cornish Hen Entree
- Cornish Hen
- Chef’s Choice Starch
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Red Wine Braising Sauce with bacon
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
5 Plating Steps:
- Place starch slightly off center of plate to build base.
- Layer mushrooms and vegetables across top.
- Arrange hen across base of starch and mushrooms.
- Drizzle braising liquid over and around hen.
- Garnish with herbs.