Sea scallops provide a healthy, lean protein that is high in vitamin B12. When paired with purple Peruvian potatoes, they become part of a work of culinary art. Working in the confines of a business jet cabin is a juggling act, and this video plating guide takes the guess work out of food presentation. Watch the video tutorial on how six quick steps will have you plating Sea Scallops and Purple Peruvians like a master chef!
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Ground Pepper Blend
- Lemon Zest and Chopped Chives
- Herb Garnish Sprig
Sea Scallop Entree
- 4-5 Scallops
- Truffled Lemon Butter
- Purple Potato Puree
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since ovens can vary.
6 Plating Steps:
• Spoon purple potato onto center of plate.
• Using potato as base, arrange scallops and stack to build height.
• Arrange vegetables behind scallop and potatoes.
• Crimp foil cup into spout and pour lemon butter around potatoes.
• Garnish plate with chives and lemon zest and sprinkle with ground pepper blend.
• Place herb sprig behind scallops directly into potatoes.