Chicken is a versatile meat that serves as the protein portion of countless dishes across many countries and cultures. Slow-Roasted Chicken – with sumac spice, saffron rice, and veloute sauce – celebrates this global appeal by combining Middle Eastern, Pakistani, and French flavors. Best of all, this entree is ready to be presented to your client after just five quick plating steps.
Tools and Ingredients
- Cutting Board
Garnish Kit (keep cold)
- Herb Garnish
- Sumac Spice
- Diced Tomato
Slow-Roasted Chicken Entree
- Roasted Chicken
- Saffron Rice
- Chef’s Choice Vegetables
- Veloute Sauce
- Heat oven to 275F (135C) and cook for 20 minutes. If necessary, adjust temperature to your oven since they can vary.
5 Plating Steps
- Spoon rice slightly off-center of plate to create base.
- Lay vegetables across rice.
- Slice chicken on bias and reassemble across center of plate.
- Crimp foil cup to make spout and pour veloute on and around chicken.
- Garnish with herbs and lemon slice.
View more plating guide videos on YouTube.